Download Lineageos 15 based on Android Oreo 8.0 custom rom for Moto G5 Plus (Potter) Oreo 8.0. Lineageos 15 based on Android Oreo 8.0 is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Lineageos 15 based on Android Oreo 8.0 does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- What is Android One ? Will Not Xiaomi’s Phone Get MIUI ROMs Now ?
- MIUI ROM Download for All Popular Android Phone | Samsung, MI, LG, Oppo
Installing a custom ROM on a Moto G5 Plus (Potter) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Moto G5 Plus (Potter) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.Learn more about Lineageos 15 based on Android Oreo 8.0 here.
Status of Lineage os 15 for Moto G5 Plus (Potter) Oreo 8.0 Custom ROM:
Take care of following tasks before you proceed with flashing custom ROM:
Task 1: Install USB drivers for your device on your PC.
Task 2: Be sure to backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
Task 3: Make sure that your device is well charged. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
Task 4: USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
Important: Most of the custom ROM will not have Google Apps in them. So, you will have to download and install GApps manually.Also take nandroid backup before installing
Done with preliminary precautionary steps? So, here’s the guide:
TWRP recovery let’s you do a number of cool stuff but the whole point of having a custom recovery is to be able to flash unsigned .zip files. These .zip files could be anything from a custom kernel, boot, recovery, MODs or full custom ROMs.
Let’s see how to flash a Lineageos 15 based on Android Oreo 8.0 rom on Moto G5 Plus (Potter) using TWRP recovery.
How to Install Lineageos 15 based on Android Oreo 8.0 rom on Moto G5 Plus (Potter)
- Download and transfer the Lineageos 15 based on Android Oreo 8.0 ROM and Gapps for android oreo you wish to flash to your device’s storage.
2. Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
3. Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of screen.
└ Note: This will factory reset your device. If your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset, then simply skip this step 1.
4. Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the Lineageos 15 based on Android Oreo 8.0 ROM .zip file and gapps for Android Oreo that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
2. Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
3. Once cache & dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.