In this tutorial “How to hack a router to get free internet“, we are going to show you how to use port scanner to pick out domestic routers (or even workplace routers :p) and after that we can try and log in to those routers.
In the arena maximum of customers would not alternate there router’s default password because most of them best recognize the way to use with out realize a way to configure the router itself. So it really is the factor. We can use that vulnerability to hack the routers.
- Port Scanner (I use zenmap in this academic)
- Web Browser (I use Google Chrome)
- Internet Connection
First of all I need to tell you why I use Zenmap due to the fact Nmap is the first-rate friend of hackers and Zenmap is the graphical person interface of nmap.
Step by Step How to Hack a Home Router
1. We have to pick out an IP range. I have decided on IP range that consists of my public IP cope with.
2. Now permit’s scan for home routers.
When you finished your test, You can locate IP addresses which has open ports including http port(eighty), ftp port(21) and telnet port(23).
I actually have found many IP addresses with port 80 is opened.
So I stopped my scan.
3. Now you can get right of entry to those addresses using your web browser due to the fact http port is opened and we need to find whether the web page is router log in web page.
4. If you see the alert error messages, it says TD-8817. So we can Google for it
search “TD-8817 default username and password“
5. Now permit’s try to get admission to these IP addresses the use of default logins we just were given on step 4.
Default username and passwords aren’t equal for every routers.
With username : admin and password : admin, we are able to log in to the router management web page.
Attacker can do several harmful matters when they are able to get right of entry to router web page, such as:
- Redirecting DNS to malicious web sites
- Phishing Attacks
Because most of users would not alternate their router passwords. It’s a totally awful addiction due to the fact hackers can access your router form anywhere thru internet while you are online and It may be very harmful to you. So you should exchange your property router’s password. Keep it on you mind.
Hope you liked this post, if any queries and suggestion about this post feel free comment below to the comment box. 🙂