Today we will talk about the Internet of Things (IoT) and learn more about what is the Internet of Things (IOT)? And how does it work?
About Internet of Things or IoT Nowadays there is a lot of noise in the Internet and Tech world, this technology is showing off everywhere from manufacturing to shopping, but do you know what is Internet Of Things? how does it work? And is it really important? If you do not answer, then please read this article completely.
What is Internet Of Things?
To summarize, Internet of Things is a network of other objects embedded with physical devices, vehicles, home appliances and electronics, software, sensors, actuators and connectivity, which enables objects to connect and exchange data.
It contains an extraordinary number of devices of all sizes –
- Smart microwave, which automatically cooks your food in the right time.
- Self driving car, which automatically detects objects coming in their way with the help of their complex sensors.
- Wearable fitness device that measures your heart rate and the number of steps you take on that day, then uses that information to prepare and suggest exercise plans for you.
- There are even connected footballs that can track how far and quickly they are thrown, whose data can be used to record through an app for future training purposes.
How Does Internet Of Things (IoT) Work?
Devices and objects created from sensors are connected to the internet of Things platform, which integrates data from different devices and implements analytics to share the most valuable information with applications designed to meet specific requirements. is.
These powerful IoT platforms can accurately detect which information is useful and which can be safely ignored. This information can be used to detect patterns, make recommendations, and explore future potential problems.
For example, if I have a car manufacturing business, then I would like to know which optional components (for example leather seats or alloy wheels) are the most popular. Using the Internet of Things technology, I can:
- IoT sensor can be used to find out which areas are most popular in the showroom, where customers stay for a long time.
- I can apply the drill in the available sales data to know which components are fastest selling;
- Automatically align sales data with supply, so that popular items can not get out of stock.
- Information picked by the devices connected to the Internet of Things Platform is based on real-time information, which components are to be kept in stock, and which enables them to make smart decisions, which can save me time and money. Helps in
With the insights provided by advanced analysis, it has the power to make processes more efficient. Smart objects and systems mean that you can automate some tasks, especially when they are repetitive, time consuming or dangerous.
Let’s take a look at some examples of how it works in real life.
Scenario # 1: Internet of Things (IoT) in your home
Imagine that you get up at 7 o’clock every day to go to work. Your alarm clock works to keep you properly awake.
But suddenly, when something goes wrong, like – your train has been canceled and you have to drive to work. The only problem is that it takes more time to drive, and to avoid delays, you will need to get up at 6.45 a.m. And even if the rain starts raining, you will need to drive at a slow speed.
To ensure that you have the time to work, you will need an IOT-enabled alarm clock, which can automatically know through the internet that your normal train has been canceled, and it is time to change the time based on all these factors. He himself will reset himself.
After this, it will automatically wake you up so that you do not have a delay if you have a coffee machine with internet and it can also make coffee for you immediately.
Scenario # 2: In Transport of Internet Of Things (IoT)
After waking up with your smart alarm, you are now driving to work. But suddenly there is some malfunction in your engine. Then you will not go directly to the garage, but if your work is necessary and you have to reach the office quickly, what will happen?
In a car connected to an IoT, the sensor detects the engine’s malfunction, and a Component named diagnostic bus collects data from these sensors, which sends the most relevant information to the manufacturer’s platform. Using data from the manufacturer’s car, you can offer an appointment with a nearby dealer, who can solve your problem as soon as possible.
This is just 2 examples of using Internet of Things (IoT) and many more things like Smart Home System, Traffic Control, Pizza Delivery etc.
Friends, this technology is very great and useful, through this technology, we can make our daily lives even easier and there will be many possibilities in this field in the future.
How does you felt about this post, Internet of Things (IOT)? And how does it work? Be sure to tell through a comment like this and do not forget to share this article in social media.